MADOKARAM PRASHANTH IYENGAR For Prashanth, music is an inborn intrinsic knowledge manifested into reality. Iyengar has realized this noble goal in a dedicated span of over two and a half decade in the music field. Born into the family of musicians, scholars, Erudite Sanskrit virtuosos
Prashanth Iyengar achievements can be thus summarized . . .
▪ A 25-hour marathon Veena concert by Mr. Iyengar on 21 April 2010 at Srirangapattana, has set a new milestone in the history of Carnatic Music and is indeed a mirror of showcase to his talent, dedication and years of practice. This has been adjudicated as a World Record by Limca Book of Records for the longest marathon Veena concert ever played by an artist during our times.
▪ First Musician to evolve an integrated system of learning Music, Theatre and Yoga while he was working as the in-charge of music department in Directorate of Textbooks, Government of Karnataka implemented under State Government Trimester Scheme for Middle and High school.
▪ Mr. Iyengar is the first composer from Karnataka to have composed ‘Varnams’ in all the ’72 Melakartha Ragas’ and also second youngest composer after the stalwart and world renowned Karnataka musician Dr. M. Balamuralikrishna.
▪ Secured third rank in the Vidwath Examination. (Equivalent Master Degree course conducted by Govt of Karnataka)
▪ Won 1st prize in Madras Music Academy
▪ Invited to perform before the then Chief Minister of Karnataka (J H Patel) in Banquett hall of Vidhana soudha on the occasion of Kannada Rajyothsava – 1997
▪ Reconstructed and Presented the Pandarika Vitthala Mela Veena as mentioned in the Ancient Musical treatise of India, the Nartana Nirnaya of 16th Century and under the guidance of the author of this monumental work, the world renowned scholar and polymath, Mahamahopadyaya Dr. R. Sathyanarayana. Prashanth gave a live demonstration of this
The food of life 4
reconstructed Veena during a National Seminar ‘Shastrotsava – 2015’ conducted by Indira Gandhi National Center for Arts, New Delhi, which is India’s premier cultural center.
▪ First Veena artiste to perform in Venice and Verona, Italy 2018